B1/B2, Business and Tourist Visa

Both the B1 and the B2 visas are temporary, nonimmigrant visas. A B1 visa will allow the holder to visit the US to work on some business-related project. A B2 visa is basically a tourist visa and allows the holder to travel to and within the US for a pretty broad range of tourist activities.

Sometimes, a visa will be issued as a B1/B2. This just means that it is both for business and for pleasure. A lot of times when a foreign national enters the US for a work-related project, they will also want to do some tourism, and this combination visa will allow that flexibility.

The Applicant must prove that it has reasons to return to its home country on or prior to the I-94 expiration date. The Applicant will have to show proof that it has a home, a job, bank funds, property, family, etc.. The process usually involves a face-to-face interview at the American consulate in your country of origin.

If you need help determining if you qualify for a B1/B2 Visa, contact Chammas Jurado | The Immigration Attorneys today. We have a vast amount of experience in immigration law and we provide advanced and comprehensive support on all immigration issues.

We Offer Free Consultations!

Call Us Now!



25125 Detroit Rd. Unit 140 Westlake, OH 44145
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm


6 Parklane Blvd., Suite 104 Dearborn, MI 48126​
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

Grand Rapids

250 Monroe Ave. Northwest #400 Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

Los Angeles Office

111 W. Ocean Blvd., Suite 400 Long Beach, CA 90802
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Scroll to Top